This document highlights the most important fixes, improvements, and features, that were introduced in Webiny
How To Upgrade?
Please check the Webiny 5.14.0 migration guide for the upgrade steps.
In some cases, previewing draft pages via the Page Builder editor would not work, because, in the page preview URL, the
__tenant query parameter wouldn't be set correctly. You might have noticed the weird
[object Object] value assigned to it.
This has now been addressed, page previewing should work correctly.
We've received several reports of import statements using the tilde (~) symbol not working. for example:
This was the case only for frontend (React) applications. On the GraphQL APIs side, this worked as expected.
In any case, an addition to the built-in Webpack configuration has been made, so from now on, this should work as expected.
The application code that was generated during the React Application scaffolding process would import a custom font. In almost all cases, the font would not be available on user's machine, making the application a bit less visually appealing.
Because of this, we've switched to the Trebuchet MS, sans-serif system font, so that everybody gets a consistent initial look of the application.
In some cases, upon using the recently introduced Full Stack Application scaffold, the
webiny.config.ts file would not get updated correctly. This would result in the React application not being able to communicate with the deployed GraphQL API, leaving the user confused and unable to continue.
The file in question is now correctly updated during the scaffolding process, so you can start building your application without any unexpected blockers on the way.
While going through the CI/CD scaffold's setup wizard, if a user wanted to use an existing GitHub repository, the repositories list would only show the first one hundred entries. So, if a user had more than one hundred repositories, she/he would not be able to pick the wanted one, forcing the user to perform all kinds of workarounds to be able to complete the wizard.
Special thanks to IzioDev for taking care of this.
In Webiny 5.7.0 we introduced an ApolloDynamicLink plugin which allows you to hook into apollo-client link chain using plugins (instead of hard coding them during apollo-client setup). With that, we added support for modifying the query being executed, by using
AddQuerySelectionPlugin plugin, which allows you to add new selection sets to the query.
Recently, we discovered that, when data is returned from Apollo cache, it does not process apollo-client links, at all. This behaviour breaks the results returned from cache, if you're using
AddQuerySelectionPlugin to add new selection sets to the GraphQL queries.
With this release, we're introducing an extended
InMemoryCache class which does process
AddQuerySelectionPlugin plugins to construct the correct query. Luckily, Apollo uses classes which allowed us to fix the issue without dirty hacks or forks! 🚀 🎉