This feature is available since Webiny v5.39.0.
- difference between public and private Background Tasks
- how to define your own Background Task
- how to register your Background Task
First, you need to know that there are two types of Background Tasks:
- public - can be called via GraphQL API or the programmatic API
- private - can be called only through the programmatic API
Definition of the task is the same for both types of tasks, with a difference of the method name used to define the task.
To see all available properties, and information about the properties, for the task definition, check the
There are few properties, which should not be used:
fields- not implemented yet
isPrivate- set automatically when a user defines a task via
Of course, as all other Webiny plugins, users must register the task definition in the
plugins array of the